Supporting people with Intellectual Disability and Dementia
BILD Accreditation “An Bord Altranais Category 1 Approval”
Programmes developed by Martha McGinn Training and Consultancy are designed to provide frontline carers and managers gain the necessary skills to support those who have Intellectual Disability and Dementia following national and international best practice standards in Dementia Care.
- Understanding dementia types, symptoms, progression and impact on day to day life
- Communication and strategies to support people with Dementia
- Person-centred care for people with dementia
- Reminiscence and Life story Work for people with Dementia
- Palliative care approach.
- Appropriate meaningful activation for people with Dementia
- Specific Care planning for people with dementia
- Legal aspects of care
- Promoting well being and social connectiveness
- Understanding the factors which need to exist to provide suitable environments for a person with dementia
- Creating Restraint Free Environments.
What Our Clients Say
Martha always creates a friendly, calm, non-judgemental environment. Very worthwhile productive course .
Cynthia Goster Director of Nursing Brymore Nursing Home Howth